Category Archives: Miscellaneous
image via i can read.
Today’s post isn’t directly related to fashion or beauty, but it is beautiful advice. Plus, it is always in style to lead a happy, peaceful life. The following is an e-mail forward that I couldn’t resist sharing. I hope you all enjoy this advice as much as I do.
A Great Recipe for a Peace-Filled Life
- Take a ten to 30 minute walk everyday. While you walk, smile, it is the ultimate anti-depressant.
- Sit in silence at least ten minutes everyday and talk to God. Purchase a lock if necessary.
- When you wake up in the morning complete the following statement: “My purpose is to _________ today. I am thankful for ________.”
- Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants.
- Drink green tea and plenty of water, eat blueberries wild Alaskan salmon, broccoli, almonds and walnuts.
- Try to make at least three people smile per day.
- Don’t waste your precious energy on gossip, energy vampires, issues of the past, negative thoughts and things that are beyond your control. Instead, invest your energy in the positive present moment.
- Eat breakfast like a Queen, lunch like a Princess and dinner like a college kid with a maxed out credit card.
- Life isn’t fair, but it is still good.
- Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
- Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
- You are not so important that you have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
- Make peace with your past so it won’t spoil your present.
- Don’t compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
- No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
- Frame every so-called disaster with these words: ‘In five years, will this matter?’
- Forgive everyone for everything.
- What other people think of you is none of your business.
- God heals everything – but you have to ask him.
- However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
- Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick; your friends and family will.
- Envy is a waste of time, you already have all you need.
- Each night before you go to bed complete the following statements: “I am thankful for _________. Today I accomplished __________.”
- Remember that you are too blessed to be stressed.
- When you are feeling down start listing your many blessings. You will be smiling before you know it.
The Father of 5-year-old Savannah called 911 after experiencing chest pains and shortness of breath. When he was unable to speak to the dispatcher, Savannah came to the rescue. This adorable child managed to stay calm and talk with the 911 dispatcher to ensure help was on the way. After assuring her Father to “stay calm” she continues to inform the dispatcher “so far so good!”
Here is the kicker, once she realizes help is on the way and everything is going to be alright she proceeds to inform the operator she is in her “jammies and a tank top” and needs to go change before people arrive at her house. Although she is persuaded to stay by her Dad’s side, this fashionista-to-be wanted to be sure she was appropriately dressed for the emergency response team. I have a feeling this isn’t the last the fashion world will here from little Savannah.